My little fisherman

My little fisherman

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Okay, maybe a brief overview:

-Kaden back on Prevacid for reflux. Dr thinks he is having reflux at night and that is why he is not sleeping. (Such a beautiful kid!) He is 23 lbs and 33 1/3 inches tall! 90% for head circumference, 49% for height (hope for 6 feet someday), and 10-15% for weight. He will dress as a pirate for Halloween complete with 2 swords, eye patch, and hat.

-Artie's band is on their way to showcase. (Get a deal and fast, pretty please!) People continue to ask if I think "something" will come of the music. What they really mean to say is..."did you waste the last 8 years of your life with this loser?" They just don't get it. While it is frustrating at times, unless you have a musical talent (and I don't), we will never understand. This music actually moves me just as Dave Matthew's does. And if you know me, close your mouth.

-Karen...up to 7 miles averaging 9:30min/mile. Awesome for me, a freakishly slow runner. My body is feeling it! Add my allergies and I'm considering taking this week off and running 9 next week. Not smart but it will have to do. San Antonio 5 weeks away. I am hoping to run 4 half marathons in 4 months. I just need to convince someone to run Dallas with me on December 14th. Wendy are you out there? Interested?

-overall feeling: Blessed over a million times.

How lucky am I and what did I do to deserve this? I am madly in love with my husband and son...okay dogs too. My family and my inherited family are amazing! Kaden is growing up with 2 sets of the best Grand Parents anyone could ask for and he also has Great Grandparents that adore him. Not too many kids can say that.

- My new favorite thing to do with Kaden is Eskimo kisses! He says, "Mommy, rub a nose". Ahh - love it! His spanish vocabulary is growing by the day. Latest word, "otro". This child has upgraded his English repitoire to over 200 words. He uses 2 to 3 word combinations and has a memory like an elephant. He is such a mommy's boy - just the way I like it! He loves to kiss, hug, and cuddle. He is my angel and he is sleeping...just like I should be. I am conditioned to not sleep and so the vicious cycle begins. The medication is beginning to work (fingers crossed)...he only woke up once last night. I was awake all night checking his breathing, looking at the ceiling fan, thinking of nothing and everything at the same time. Politics and the financial crisis - then I came to my senses or bored myself to sleep. I have only one thing to say about both of those, WTF? and who is going to fix this mess? That is a whole nother show like Oprah says. Mom, stop shaking your head about the WTF comment - it is okay. You are propobly the only person that reads this crap anyway. I would like to post pictures but I am too lazy. Maybe someday. As the minutes tick away on the clock - I realize I am now rambling and fighting sleep. I will now close my eyes and try to relax - after I check on my baby one last time. Goodnight for now.

No comments: