My little fisherman

My little fisherman

Sunday, July 27, 2008

How are you feeling?

Kaden has streptococcal pharyngitis (aka strep throat). I did not think 103.2 temperature (temporal, so add a degree...) was just teething so Artie and I took him to see our friend Dr. Nguyen. Poor guy, since suffering through Pneumonia he gets anxious when we drive over to the North Cypress Professional building. He is feeling much better but needs to catch up on sleep lost.

As for my dear, lovely, husband - I do not think he will eat a blue cheese burger anytime soon.

I, on the other hand, feel fantastic and I am so looking forward to beginning my training for the Stephanie Johnson Triathlon. This year will be a million times more emotional than last year. Even though I did not know her personally, she left a footprint on my heart. Never could I imagine what she and her family went/are going through. The love the family displays is overwhelming and truly amazing. This year is for you Steph.

My goal is to finish faster than last year. I have not trained since Cap Tex. Granted, the distance is laughable in comparison, I have not been in a pool in 2 months.

Anyhoo...I am so ready!

1 comment:

Angie & Jake said...

HI Karen,

Sorry to hear Kaden was sick. How is he feeling now?? YEAH to tee-tee on the potty.

Good luck with your training

angie