My little fisherman

My little fisherman

Monday, July 28, 2008

Ouch!!

So tomorrow is my appointment with my Neurologist for an EMG: Needle Electromyography. In a nut shell Needle EMG does not introduce any electrical stimulation, instead it records the intrinsic electrical activity of skeletal muscle fibers. The needle is quite slim (about a 25 gauge) and produces minor discomfort which most patients can tolerate. Needle EMG findings suggestive of denervation include: fibrillations, positive sharp waves, and giant motor unit potentials (MUP). Abnormalities pointing to a myopathy include small short-duration MUP. Since the root and peripheral nerve supply to the muscles is known, needle EMG can be used to localize peripheral nerve or root lesions by noting which muscles show denervation changes.

Hopefully we can figure out what is causing this scapular winging and slice up my wrists to alleviate the carpal tunnel symptoms that I am currently experiencing. Please do not worry about me - I am exstatic to have pain free running and cycling!! I have every confidence my time will improve dramatically.

On a happier note, both Kaden and my hubbie are feeling much better.

Today Kaden, Aria, and I handed out fliers and bags for a school supply drive in the neighborhood. I am glad I joined the Women's Neighborhood Association.

No comments: