My little fisherman

My little fisherman

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

What an awesome day =)

First and foremost, the best news of the day. Drum roll please...Kaden had his first potty on the toilet! Wow. Before his bath, he brought his potty over to me and said poo poo. I stripped is clothes off faster than a wetsuit stripper and placed him on the toilet. Before I knew it he was shooting a streamline of pee! A gigantic outpouring of specific positive reinforcement and praise followed. Perhaps I scared him a bit; he appeared frightened. He is sleeping next to me, spread eagle, not a care in the world with a minor snore here and there. I just want to squeeze him!

The beginning is where I sould start. 9am appointment with my Neurologist. Good News and Not so good news seems to be the theme here. No carpal tunnel but I am needing a blood test to screen for Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, and B-12 deficiency. I am praying for the latter.

So, this Neurologist was so much better than the last. My muscles are sore to say the least. He tested the major nerve that the last physician failed to test. The long thoracic nerve. The long thoracic nerve (external respiratory nerve of Bell; posterior thoracic nerve) supplies the Serratus anterior. For all you weight lifting enthusiasts...The nerve descends behind the brachial plexus and the axillary vessels, resting on the outer surface of the Serratus anterior. It extends along the side of the thorax to the lower border of that muscle, supplying filaments to each of its digitations (finger-like projections).

Needless to say, my long thoracic nerve is severely damaged. Not just damaged - severely damaged. Recovery time is approximately two years. With the amount of swimming I do I believe the "winging" is improving. According to the PT - I should not be swimming, riding a bike, or running. Uh, yeah right.

Speaking of running, I trained on hills tonight. What a feeling! I am approaching the San Antonio Marathon with a new moto...No whining, no excuses, stop being a wuss!!! For the first time I will train appropriately, follow the darn schedule and not give up (which I NEVER do anyway = DNF - not in my vocabulary). Before now I ran a marathon (26.2 miles) with only training for 12 miles prior. I then proceeded to train for two halves (13.1 miles) without trianing at all. Now triathlons, different but similar story. Because I excell at swimming, that is what I did most. Towards the quarter Iron Man I did pick up my cycling to 18.8 mph. Running is where triathlons are won and it is my weakest event. I am a social runner. Imagine that, I like to talk to people that are struggling and get them to run with me so I can help them get to the finish. Anyhoo, I ran 4 hills at 5 minutes each with 3 minutes of rest. 10 min warm up/10 min cool down. If you are not a runner you would not think this is a big deal. Hills are where runners gain strength and speed. Just what I need to fuel my new mantra.

Tomorrow begins with a 5am 1mile swim at 24 hr fitness. I cannot wait!!!!

Arite had his second practice show tonight in Clearlake. He is such an amazing guitarist but yet so humble. Soon, when you turn on your radio - you will hear Project H! Hopefully you will hear it as much as Creed!

Much Love - K

No comments: