My little fisherman

My little fisherman

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Nanny 911 help us please!

Do any of you out there happen to have Nanny 911's cell phone number?

Okay, let me give you a few background details to paint this picture. Kaden has not slept 8 hours since he was born 18 months ago. He just made it into his "big boy bed" 2 weeks ago. He's fallen out of it 4 times. He refuses to sleep through the night (for some reason or another). I promise he began teething the day he was born. We are waiting on these darn molars (the size of dice)and eye teeth (like tips of knives) to finish pushing their way through his tiny little gums at the pace of ketchup.

Today was supposed to be (and I'm not placing blame on anyone) my last triathlon of 2008, the Stephanie Johnson Triathlon. This year's race would be extra memorable since she succumbed to cancer a few weeks ago. With that said, I had a fantastic swim time and could not wait to put my hill training to the test on the run...

Kaden had different plans. His sleep protest lasted for about an hour with him finally passing out about 11pm. At 12pm he sprung up imitating Frankenstein, shaking and screaming "Mommy" - "teeth hurt" - Amazing as I forgot to mention I gave him Motrin before he went to sleep. He cried, and drooled, and screamed. He did not want anyone to touch him with his usual "move", "no touch"...Artie even tried to put him in our bed - it was not happening. Finally, he said "hold me" and I scooped him up, wiped away his tears, gave him a kiss, rubbed his back until he went back to sleep. I thought I could make the race until he woke up an hour later. Every hour to two hours it repeated.

Artie thinks Kaden may have separation anxiety. I think I'm going to run away. Too bad there are no training schools for things like this. You know...you bring your dog to Man's Best Friend and they fix whatever is wrong. Do you think Nanny 911 would live with us until she can fix Kaden's sleeping habits.

Long story short - I did not go to the race. My poor Friends were looking all over for me worried that something bad happened...Sorry ladies. I did look at the results and figured I would have placed right about 50% of my age group which is usually my goal - next to just finishing. The competition looked fierce this year! I saw 2 minute swim times, 21 mph bike rides, and 6 minute mile runs! Yikes.

I do want to say thanks to Chris for always posting on my blog. I do hear from quite a few friends that you to read it! Please feel free to post a response.

To those of you pre/post babies - think about your 5, 6, 7, 8, hours of sleep every night and don't take it for granted! I love my son more than anything, I just wish he would sleep a lot more - not only for me, but for him also.

Here's to a good night's sleep =)

Artie just called - the buzz was playing Project H! yeah

1 comment:

Crazy Kids said...

Karen,
If it makes you feel any better (probably not), Regan and Dylan are just starting to OCCASSIONALY sleep through the night. Need I remind you they are 4.5 yrs old. Try to break him NOW!!!! They will end up in our bed (sneaking in during the middle of the night) at least 3-4 nights a week. It makes for very cramped quarters. I feel your pain. I am sorry. I hope it gets better soon! Luckily, Adam is getting better. For the most part, he now sleeps through the night, only rarely waking up in search for the lost paci. He is 27 months old, so there is hope for Kaden in the near future!!! Adam was up 2-3 times a night up until about 4 months ago.