My little fisherman

My little fisherman

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Catching Up...

So I have not had my laptop for a few days but now I am back in business.

Kaden had his first poop on the toilet. Amazing!

Artie continues on his Rock 'n Roll Revolution...Tyler then off to Shreveport.

This morining a 3 mile run. The air felt wonderful, a small breeze, cloudy; I thought it might rain. We were on our way and I realized it was about 110% humidity. At mile 1 I noticed my shoulder pain index was about a 7 and increasing quickly. I tried to foucs on my breathing and running. Focusing was difficult because I left my watch at home and I failed to read the route so I had no idea where I was or where I was headed. For some reason people were trying to pass me, fall back, and I would not see them again. Feet pounding behind me could not be heard after mile 1. I glanced behind me and I could not see anyone for quite a ways back. I finised right under 10min/mile (I asked the coach just ahead of me). I felt strong - not fast - but strong. Considering the elements and the damn shoulder I should be happy. Hill training on Tuesdays continues to be interesting and fun. No whining, no complaining, just attack each hill one by one. This weeks work out was 7 minutes on/4 minutes off, 3 reps. The run there, I was in front by myself. The run back I was probably 3rd or 4th. No quitting, no walking. Hopefully I can keep up with the momentum and actually train correctly for once in my life.

After the 3 mile run, I journeyed over to 24 hr fitness and swam for an hour. My shoulder feels great. Trying to extend each arm as far as possible before the pull tired out my bad shoulder quickly but it feels good. Looking back at the quarter Iron Man, I didn't have as much pain and I attribute that to the swimming. My endurance was lacking, 200 meters and I was feeling it! Drills for 30 minutes, non-stop swimming for 30 minutes.

No comments: